HVAC service contracts are fee paid to a service provider that guarantees your HVAC system’s routine maintenance.
Most service contract plans are annual, charged on a monthly or yearly basis. This annual focus helps to ensure that your HVAC system is cared for year-round.
Investing in this annual maintenance plan ensures that your equipment delivers optimal, energy-efficient performance and guarantees you have a partner for support, repair, and maintenance needs.
You’ll usually find three types of service contract:
- Full-service packages that offer repairs, maintenance, and parts at one annual fee.
- Labor-only contracts that include the technician’s time in the annual fee. Anything else, such as parts or consumables, is charged as an extra.
- Preventative and inspection contracts include scheduled check-ups, either seasonally or annually, with additional repair or maintenance separately charged at a discount.
Why Should I Get an HVAC Service Contract?
People who get an HVAC service contract for their home have the goal of keeping their home comfortable and healthy. They recognize that regular maintenance of their HVAC system is essential to that goal.
The primary benefits are cost savings, peace of mind, and home comfort.
However, there are some other benefits that you should ask about when evaluating an HVAC service contract.
These benefits are:
- Priority scheduling to ensure that you’ll always receive the fastest service times available.
- Planned maintenance reminders so you never miss out on servicing your system for the changing seasons.
- No surcharges for after-hours, weekend, or holiday bookings.
- Access to new equipment discounts.
- Discounted or free diagnostic charge
- New air filters sent regularly (recommended every 90 days)
- Expertise in home automation and smart systems
- Focus on health and reducing allergens and other irritants for clean air
Ultimately, the annual maintenance of HVAC equipment prolongs its lifespan, boosts energy efficiency, and helps identify and address issues before they become expensive or unsafe.
3 Tips for Finding the Right HVAC Service Contract
When considering an HVAC annual maintenance plan, be aware that the contract's price, services, and benefits vary widely between providers. Use these three tips to help you find a service contract that’s right for you:
- Choose a local provider that is licensed, insured, and has a proven track record in servicing HVAC systems. Check their BBB rating and review sites like Google and Angie’s List.
- Check that the technicians receive regular training. Ongoing professional training ensures they’re competent at working with the latest technology, new products and that they’re able to advise you on optimizing your setup for maximum efficiency. Our technicians are NATE certified, which ensures that they’re able to maintain, repair, replace and diagnose most types of equipment in your home.
- Ensure you get a contract that’s right for you by explaining your expectations, needs, and budget to a potential service provider.
How to Get Started
If you’re looking to evaluate HVAC service contract providers, we recommend starting with our Questions to Ask Your HVAC Company guide.
If you’re in the Denver metro area, you can get started with Ultimate Heating & Cooling’s Maintenance Membership Plan.
Just follow these five steps to get started:
- Click here to find out more about our maintenance program. We have a range of packages for all HVAC equipment types, including comprehensive summer and winter servicing plans.
- Call us to learn more or fill out the form for us to get back to you.
- Tell us about the make and model of HVAC equipment installed and a few basic details about your home’s layout.
- Enroll in the program. The $65.00 annual charge includes one free diagnostic fee.
- Enjoy the benefits of a well-maintained home, priority scheduling, discounts on new equipment, and more.
If you don’t want an HVAC services contract, the alternative is to pay for a technician each time you need it. However, the cost of paying for an annual service plan is far cheaper than trying to fix or replace poorly maintained HVAC equipment!
Get started today and call us at (720) 773-6099 to discuss your needs with one of our expert technicians. Alternatively, you can send us a message via our online contact form.
Ultimate Heating & Cooling is a family-owned business working in the Denver Metro area for over 40 years, helping people just like you who want to make sure their energy systems are working efficiently.
We'll help you take the guesswork out of your energy system, so you feel confident about keeping your home comfortable and safe.
Our technicians are trained and equipped with the latest insights on home energy and efficiency. Working with us will give you the expert knowledge you need to maintain your home's energy system for years to come.