What is an HVAC annual maintenance plan?
An HVAC annual maintenance plan is a fixed fee service offered by HVAC contractors that ensures routine servicing of your equipment.
Of the service contracts available with Ultimate Heating and Cooling, the Ultimate Membership plan is the most expensive and includes a furnace and AC clean and tune with waived trip charges, 10% off any future services, one waived trip charge diagnostic on any service call a year, and priority scheduling. The Gold Membership includes a furnace and AC clean and tune with waived trip charges and 10% off any future services, but you’ll have to pay the regular rate for any parts or consumables.
The most affordable plans are preventative/inspection contracts, as they only include annual or semi-annual check-ups, and any maintenance or repair costs are billed separately.
Signs you need an annual HVAC service contract
1. Irregular or high energy bills
ENERGY STAR states a typical household energy bill is about $2,000 per year. If you notice any unusual price fluctuations, hire a pro to check that your system and appliances are running smoothly and efficiently.
2. Inexperience with maintaining an HVAC system
Even if you’re a DIY wizard, maintaining your own HVAC system can be a challenge, and even costly or dangerous if you make a mistake. Working with a technician eliminates the stress and worry about working with high-voltage electricity, exposure to chemicals, invalidating warranties, fitting the wrong part, and much more.
3. You live in an older or infrequently maintained home
According to the Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy, homeowners could lose an average of $300 per year to leaks, drafts, and older equipment.
4. You have a smart home or are considering one
The US Department of Energy estimates homeowners can save 10% on their annual energy bill if they drop their thermostats by an average of 8.5 degrees for 8 hours per day. Eliminate the need to adjust your thermostat manually by getting a smart thermostat and other home automation products as part of your HVAC system.
5. You have respiratory problems, allergies, or another health condition
Aside from regulating temperature, HVAC systems also help to create healthy indoor atmospheres. Failure to maintain equipment can lead to airborne irritants that can linger in filters and to pools of water that can encourage mold growth.
6. You want a reliable HVAC system
When it comes to staying comfortable at home, the last thing you want is for your equipment to break, especially in mid-summer or mid-winter. The Indoor Air Quality Association (IAQA) estimates regular HVAC maintenance reduces the chance of breakdowns by 95%.
7. You’re often adjusting your thermostat
Whatever type of thermostat you have at home, if you constantly tweak its settings in order to stay comfortable, then you may have a problem. A pro can help you troubleshoot and fine tune your setup.
8. You need peace of mind
With an annual service contract in place, you can relax knowing that you’ll receive year-round priority support if your equipment has any problems, even on the weekends and holidays.
9. You want to maximize your savings
Joining a service plan gives you access to cost savings. We offer new equipment discounts, one free diagnostic charge per year, and no surcharges for holiday, weekend, or after-hours bookings.
3 tips to find the right annual HVAC maintenance plan
Use these three tips to help you choose an annual HVAC maintenance plan:
1. Don’t base your decision on what’s cheapest.
The price, services, and benefits included in a maintenance plan vary widely between companies. If you’re unsure whether a particular plan is a good value for the money, contact the provider and ask them how their offerings compare to the competition.
2. Do the technicians undergo regular professional training?
At Ultimate Heating & Cooling, we recognize that continuing education is crucial to customer satisfaction and safety. Our NATE-certified team receives frequent training on how to install, operate, and maintain all types of HVAC equipment on the market, including newly released products.
3. Pick a local contractor that is fully insuredOn top of insured find a company that's licensed, and has proven experience in servicing the make and model of your HVAC equipment. Besides our A+ rating and accreditation from the Better Business Bureau (BBB), we’ve been in business and serving the Denver Metro area for 40+ years.
How to get HVAC maintenance in the Denver Metro area
- Click here to learn more about our annual maintenance packages. If you have questions, call us at (720) 647-5099 or fill out the form.
- Choose your desired plan and pay the annual fee starting at $69.00.